Flexible and safe: Book now until 31 July 2020 and rebook or cancel free of charge. You can find all information here.
In the southern Aegean, only a few kilometres away from the Turkish coast, you will spend an eventful resort holiday on Rhodes. The island, which belongs to the Dodecanese group, looks back on thousands of years of history and thanks to its beautiful landscape it is not only ideal for a relaxing beach holiday, but also for an action-packed holiday.
Ideal for families: TUI MAGIC LIFE Plimmiri offers age-appropriate childcare. The club's own playground and the great location on the long and wide sandy and pebble beach ensure a relaxing stay. Enjoy valuable time as a couple. A large sports and entertainment programme awaits you. Relax in the wellness area or have an undisturbed dinner at a table for two. Relaxing days on the beach make your holiday on Rhodes perfect.
Active holidaymakers will love the club with its own gym and the possibility of windsurfing and canoeing. Sporting holidaymakers can easily make contacts while playing football or beach volleyball. The sports offer also contains mountain bike tours, outdoor cycling and yoga.
The charming small town of Lindos on the east coast is considered the "Pearl of Rhodes". With its whitewashed houses, it seems to have escaped a photobook of Greece. The ancient Acropolis is enthroned above the sympathetic town.
In the island capital Rhodes Town, thousand-year-old history meets modern Greece with attractive opportunities for a night out and shopping. The medieval centre of Rhodes City, which is surrounded by a four-kilometre-long fortress wall, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site thanks to its authentic character.
For nature lovers, a hike through the Petaloudes butterfly valley is one of the highlights of a Rhodes holiday. Streams meander through the valley shaded by oriental amber trees, and those who keep their eyes open can discover hundreds of rare Russian bears.
While snorkelling and diving in the crystal clear waters around Rhodes you can find trumpet fish, barracudas and dolphins.
1. One of the most beautiful beaches on Rhodes is the Tsambika Beach between Kolymbia and Archangelos. The almost two kilometres of fine sand beach is very photogenic framed by rocks.
2. Discover the original Rhodes in the scenic mountain village of Embona at the foot of the Attaviros. There you can visit the Panagia church, the St. Georgios monastery and buy high quality souvenirs from the local craftsmen.
3. The Kalithea thermal baths await you with an arabien nights bathing experience. The warm sulphurous water bubbling out of the earth was already appreciated by the Greek doctor Hippocrates.
4. Not only because of the fantastic view the winding drive to the Filerimos Monastery near Rhodes town is worthwhile. The byzantine monastery is located on a 600 meter high plateau.
5. The beautiful Ladiko Bay between Rhodes City and Lindos is still an insider tip: Especially outside the high season it is often deserted. Couples enjoy romantic hours together and families enjoy the exciting Robinson Crusoe feeling.
The traditional cuisine of Rhodes is typically Mediterranean with delicious olive oil, sun-ripened tomatoes and lots of fresh fish and seafood. The taverns in the port towns and mountain villages serve spicy gyros and dishes with lamb.
Also popular dishes like souvlaki, moussaka and dolmades are on the menus all over Greece. For dessert you may enjoy a refreshing yoghurt with Rhodian honey - often accompanied by mocha-like Greek coffee.
At the TUI MAGIC LIFE Plimmiri the speciality restaurant Taverna is serving typical dishes of the country.
The bathing season on Rhodes starts in May and ends at the end of October. The water temperature rises to a pleasant 25 to 27 degrees. The island has a total of 300 sunny days per year, but not a single raindrop in the constant summer months. From June to August the weather is quite hot with air temperatures of up to 40 degrees: This is the best time to travel to Rhodes for a relaxing beach holiday.
If you prefer to enjoy the sun and the sea at more moderate temperatures, should travel to Rhodes in October. The season for active holidaymakers, who like to use the spring temperatures from November to April for mountain bike and trekking tours, also begins at this time.